Something I noticed right from the start

Questions, feedback, and ideas
Rory

Something I noticed right from the start

Postby Rory » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:28 am

It would be nice to have customizable controls, as some people like having their keys laid out in certain ways. For example, since I use a laptop, I prefer using WASD over the arrow keys. Also, the screen where you customize controls would allow you to see what the controls are, so you don't have to quit the game if you forget them (the controls are only shown twice when starting up and there's really no way to view them in-game, even in tutorial). (how do you get to the point where you can send pms?)

Rory

Re: Something I noticed right from the start

Postby Rory » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:38 am

Also, is the inability to move up and down while simultaneously boosting and firing intentional? I find that it makes it difficult to adjust to this game, as other shoot em up games that I've played allowed you to go at the top speed while shooting and moving. By being locked into a single spot while boosting and shooting, it forces players to stop shooting in order to avoid obstacles or to slow down in order to shoot things. I haven't gotten far enough to know whether or not this is remedied by upgrades, but I do believe that this ability should be had from the start.

Return to “Development”