The Chicago

Questions, feedback, and ideas
hongwei28

The Chicago

Postby hongwei28 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:01 am

Robert Griffin III is poised to resume his NFL career about 35 miles away from where he started it.

The former Washington Redskins quarterback has reached agreement on a 1-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens Jordan Akins Color Rush Jersey , who love the idea of having the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner backing up 10-year starter Joe Flacco.

"Obviously, his personality, he's a confident guy. He's a very talented quarterback," coach John Harbaugh said of Griffin on Wednesday. "He's had a lot of success in this league early on. We're excited about it. We felt like we needed a No. 2 quarterback."

Griffin's last previous stop in an injury-riddled career came in 2016 with the Cleveland Browns. He started five games, winning only one of them.

General manager Ozzie Newsome said Griffin, 28, didn't have far to travel before showing the Ravens he can still fling the ball.

"He still lives in the D.C./Virginia area," Newsome said. "We were bringing in some receivers and we asked him if he would come in and throw and go through a full workout for us. He took a physical. He did all of that. After that, he went to visit another team. We just were able to come to an agreement."

The terms were finalized late Tuesday night, and Newsome expects RG3 to sign the contract next week.

"I feel like we got a steal Youth Jason McCourty Jersey ," Harbaugh said. "I felt like (Griffin) really wanted to be here. He really wanted to be a Raven."

Griffin won the Heisman Trophy with Baylor before being selected second overall in the 2012 draft by the Redskins. He enjoyed a sensational rookie season, throwing 20 touchdown passes and only five interceptions, but his career took a decisive downturn after he tore knee ligaments in a playoff loss to Seattle.

RG3 returned in 2013 but was benched after throwing 16 TD passes and 13 interceptions. The following season, a dislocated ankle limited his effectiveness.

Griffin missed the 2015 season after sustaining a concussion during the preseason. After being released by Washington, he signed with the Browns in 2016.

He started the opener, sustained a shoulder injury and was put in injured reserve the following Monday. Griffin returned to play the final four games and was the starting quarterback the last time the Browns won, against San Diego on Dec. 24, 2016.

Aaron Rodgers expressed disappointment with the effort from some of the Green Bay Packers' younger players after a frustrating period at practice.

It appears that some of the rookie wideouts are the focus of his displeasure.

Rodgers was running the scout team during one practice session on Tuesday, a sign that he likely won't be playing in the Packers' preseason opener on Thursday against Tennessee.

Younger players who normally may not get many reps with Rodgers got a chance to work more with the two-time NFL MVP.

There is some work to catch up to Rodgers' high standards.

"It was one of the worst cards sessions we've had. I don't know how you can make it any simpler," Rodgers said Tuesday after practice. He was referring to how coaches will hold up an opponent's play during the period.

"You literally have what the play would be in our terminology on the card Cheap Jaire Alexander Jersey , and the effort level was very low. Especially with what I'm accustomed to. I've been running that period for a number of years," Rodgers said. "So it's not a good start for us on the card period for the young guys."

Rodgers is usually more diplomatic in front of reporters. He didn't call out any players by name, but he did make sure to single out those he feels are role models, such as veterans Davante Adams, Randall Cobb and Jimmy Graham.

Rodgers liked how Geronimo Allison and DeAngelo Yancey, younger receivers with previous experience with Rodgers, have progressed. He has also gone out of his way to praise the work of Jake Kumerow, a second-year undrafted free agent.

Conversely, the three rookie receivers that the Packers took in this year's draft 鈥?J'Mon Moore, Marquez Valdez-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown 鈥?may be part of that inconsistent group.

There's a purpose behind Rodgers voicing his frustration. It doesn't have all to do with sending a message to general manager Brian Gutekunst either as the Packers weigh roster decisions.

"No Alex Avila Jersey , that's as much for you guys (the media) as it is for that guy, to let him know that I'm watching. I'm always watching 鈥?whether I'm in the play or not in the play, when we're going back through the film," Rodgers said.

The quarterback said fatigue may be partly to blame for the subpar play. It is relatively early in camp, when players are still building stamina and getting reacclimated to the routine.

The team is coming off its high-profile Family Night practice on Saturday. They had a day off Sunday before two more days of practice.

"Well, I'm getting older and grumpier. I've been at this for a long time," said Rodgers, who turns 35 in December. "I'm tired too, we're all a little tired. When you get a little tired, the fuse gets a little shorter."

Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said the hope is that the young receivers learn from their mistakes and correct them as the preseason progresses.

"Certainly Aaron Customized Washington Redskins Jerseys , his comments, his example, his leadership has a profound effect on the ballclub, the offense in particular and the whole team in general," Philbin said. "His words are meaningful."

Return to “Development”