un average in 12 games this season, the

Questions, feedback, and ideas
ouhao122

un average in 12 games this season, the

Postby ouhao122 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:11 am

FORT WORTH, Texas -- IndyCar owner Ed Carpenter now drives his car only on ovals. He does it well. Carpenter stayed in front of Will Power during a two-lap shootout to win at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday night after a late caution night wiped out his huge lead. The victory came two weeks after a late accident took away any chance to win the Indianapolis 500. "Its just good to bounce back," Carpenter said. "Nothing really totally makes up for missed opportunity at the Speedway. But at the same time, it always feels good to win, especially a place like this. ... This is a big win for us." On the final green-flag stop with 35 laps left, Carpenter beat polesitter and season points leader Power off pit road. Team Penske driver Power made things worse when he was penalized for speeding out of the pits. "Im just going too hard," said Power, who had his fourth drive-thru penalty in five races but kept the points lead. "I just go for race wins. Im not looking at points." Power was sixth, and Carpenter had a lead of about 18 seconds over Juan Pablo Montoya, when Takuma Satos engine blew and his car caught fire with seven laps left. While the top four cars stayed out during that caution, Power went in for fresh tires. That gave him the chance to make up some ground, and he made a big charge after the final restart to finish second, only a half-second back. With another lap, the outcome might have been different. "I dont know. Ed was awfully strong," Power said. "Hes an awesome driver and it would have been a good battle at the end. ... It was a lot of fun." Carpenters third career victory, all on ovals, came after leading 90 of 248 laps. After winning at Kentucky for Sarah Fisher Racing in 2011, he started his own team the next year and won the season finale at California. Carpenter was on the pole at Indy the last two seasons, and this year is leaving the road and street courses to Mike Conway. Conway won at Long Beach the second race this season and was in the cockpit for both races at Detroit last weekend. So this was the first race for Carpenter since the late crash at Indy with James Hinchcliffe. "It feels good. Theres no denying the fact that I was really mad after Indy," Carpenter said. "Its not that Im still mad at Hinch, but Im still mad at the situation and we lost an opportunity. ... Were just going to keep the intensity up and try to keep fighting for wins." Carpenter went to the high side to get around Power on lap 182, and within a lap had already pushed ahead by nearly a second. Power led 145 laps. Montoya finished third, ahead of Simon Pagenaud, Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan -- the only drivers to finish on the lead lap. Helio Castroneves, the defending race winner and a four-time winner at Texas, was 10th. The race was 20 laps longer than last year when Castroneves won. At the end of 228 laps, the length of the 2013 race, Carpenter had a 13 1/2-second lead over Montoya. Indianapolis 500 champion Ryan Hunter-Reay, the Dallas-born driver who has said he "definitely, desperately" wants to win at Texas, had another tough weekend and only finished 135 laps before losing power and oil pressure. Since winning at Indy, Andretti Motorsport driver Hunter-Reay finished 16th and 19th at the dual races in Detroit and 19th at Texas. Marco Andretti, his teammate, finished last in the 22-car field after his own mechanical issues. Andretti started 17th and quickly moved into the top 10 after three laps before his engine blew and the car caught fire while he was trying to get back into the pits. He had to stop on the apron out of Turn 4, then hopped out of the car and walked back to his pit box. "This ones frustrating and this one really hurts for the championship too," said Andretti, who entered the weekend fifth in season points, two spots below Hunter-Reay. Arden Key Jersey . The 18-year-old Januzaj has made his breakthrough at United this season, including scoring twice in a 2-1 win over Sunderland before the recent international break. His performances have sparked a debate about where his international future lies. P.J. Hall Jersey . (January 11, 2014) – Once again Kevin Martin proved why he is the all-time TSN skins leader, winning $11,500 in prize money and a spot in the Travelers All-Star Curling Skins Game presented by Pintys final following a semifinal victory over Brad Jacobs earlier this evening at the Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre in Banff, Alta. http://www.footballraidersmall.com/Youth-Marcus-Gilchrist-Elite-Jersey/ . Numbers Game looks at the As getting Jon Lester from Boston, sending Yoenis Cespedes to the Red Sox along with a deal involving the As and the Minnesota Twins. The Athletics Get: LHP Jon Lester, LF Jonny Gomes, OF Sam Fuld and cash. Nick Nelson Jersey . The light-heavyweight champion and number one ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world is on an 11-fight UFC winning streak, the longest in the history of the weight class. Rashaan Melvin Jersey . A 23-year-old rookie, Stroman is 4-2 with a 3.44 earned run average in 12 games this season, the past seven of those being starts. He logged the first scoreless outing of his career on Friday versus Oakland in a no-decision.SAN DIEGO -- Bronson Arroyo figures the Arizona Diamondbacks rotten start has got to turn around at some point. "I mean, I dont think well play 9-22 every 31 games," Arroyo said after he and two relievers combined to hold the punchless San Diego Padres to three hits in a 2-0 victory Friday night in a matchup of the bottom two teams in the NL West. Aaron Hill provided Arroyo with all the backing he needed with a two-run single off Andrew Cashner in the third inning. "We put ourselves in a huge hole, especially in this division with two teams that are pretty potent, so its going to be a long season no matter how you cut it because were going to fighting uphill the whole way," Arroyo said. "Who knows where its going to end up." The Diamondbacks finally hit double digits in wins, but still have the worst record in the majors -- 10-22. They came in with the worst ERA, 5.20. The Padres came with a .217 batting average, worst in the NL and second-worst in the majors. It was the first shutout for the Diamondbacks. The Padres were shut out for the fifth time, tying them with Atlanta for the big league lead. But the 37-year-old Arroyo, in his 15th big league season, was sharp. Arroyo (2-2) allowed three singles in seven innings, struck out six and walked one. He is 4-0 with a 1.54 ERA in his last five starts against San Diego. He didnt allow a hit until Yonder Alonso singled to right with one out in the fifth. Until then, the only baserunner was leadoff batter Everth Cabrera, who reached in the first when Arroyo couldnt handle a chopper for an error. Arroyo then proceeded to get 13 straight outs, including when Seth Smith grounded into an inning-ending double play in the first. "They ran a lot of lefties at me as usual and I got the chance to take advantage of their aggressiveness in the outer half," Arroyo said. "They hit a lot of ground balls to second base. I had a little more zip tonight. I felt a little bit better. It makes a difference for me when I can get the ball up there 88, 89. Once in a while, makee them respect some of my other stuff a bit more.dddddddddddd" Padres starter Andrew Cashner had a bad third inning. He loaded the bases on a single and two walks, and then allowed Hills two-run single to left with two outs. "It was nice to have a smooth one from front to back," Arroyo said. "Get a couple of runs off a tough pitcher and be able to hold the lead was definitely the way you want to start a road trip." Arizonas Kirk Gibson, who won his 300th game as manager, said Arroyo "has been trending toward throwing the ball better and better, and it was the best stuff hes had all year tonight. We saw it from all arm slots; keeping the ball down when he wanted the ball down. I think he hit 90 mph one time." Padres manager Bud Black said Arroyo "has been doing it for a long time. He got back to the form that made him tough." San Diegos Alexi Amarista reached third with two outs in the fifth before being stranded when rookie Jace Peterson grounded out. The Padres had runners on the corners with two outs in the seventh before Peterson again grounded out. Addison Reed pitched the ninth for his seventh save in eight chances. Cashner (2-4) allowed two runs and four hits in six innings, struck out one and walked three. "I didnt think I did a very good job of a lot of stuff," Cashner said. "But I felt like I kept the team in the game, gave us a chance to win. The spot with the bases loaded, I cant hang a slider." NOTES: Arizonas Ender Inciarte, recalled from Triple-A on Wednesday, singled to left in the ninth for his first big league hit. He made his first start, in CF. ... Padres LF Carlos Quentin, who started the season on the disabled list with a bone bruise in his left knee, is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment Saturday for Class AA Lake Elsinore at Inland Empire. RHP Casey Kelly, who missed all of last season while rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, will start that game as he also begins a rehab assignment. It will be his first competition since 2012. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Development”